So many of us are living with an orphan mentality. Because we don’t understand God as our Father. If we did we would understand that we have an INHERITANCE! We have been adopted into the greatest family ever! And we have been given access to EVERYTHING! Eph. 1 talks a lot about this.
The Orphan Mentality is portrayed through thinking such as:
- I am not loved– yet we are loved by the greatest Man that has ever lived.
- I am not beautiful–yet Jesus says that we are the “lily among the thorns”!
- I am poor– yet we have an inheritance, and we have a good Father who likes to PROVIDE
- Not trusting God– we have to trust that God is who He says He is, and that He will do what He said He would do
- Having unbelief in our hearts– just as so many of our earthly fathers have let us down, we believe this is the case with our Heavenly Father, but its not
This is just a few, but so many of us do not know our identity as sons and daughters of God, and therefore we do not live in all the fullness that God has for us. Such as understanding that we are loved and beautiful! That we are the richest people that live! That God is the only one we can truly trust! Believing that He is unchanging and faithful!
God I pray that You would break off the orphan mentality in Your Bride! That You would break of the orphan mentality in me! Let us see You, Father, as You truly are! Shift our thinking and our paradigms! Let us trust and have faith in You! Let us find our identity, not in the things of this world, but in the Eternal Father! The One Thing that will not fade away! In Jesus Name!